Assembly of Elders
The Assembly of Elders is the Executive of the East Central Ontario Regional Council (ECORC) of The United Church of Canada.
Vision of the Assembly of Elders by which we evaluate progress is based on:
Supporting and enhancing the life of Communities of Faith where ministry takes place
Nurturing Social Justice and Outreach programs
The presiding officer of the Assembly of Elders is called the Speaker.
From The Manual (2019) p. 81
C. Regional Council | C.3 Organization | C.3.1 Executive
The regional council is responsible for appointing an executive to do the continuing work of the regional council when the regional council is not meeting.
The executive must consist, to the extent possible, of a balance of ministry personnel and lay members who are not ministry personnel.
The executive has all of the responsibilities of the regional council, unless the regional council has decided otherwise.
The executive must report its actions to the regional council for information and for inclusion in the minutes of the regional council.
C.3.2 Committees and Other Bodies
The regional council may fulfill its responsibilities with the help of officers, committees, task groups, steering groups, teams, and other bodies, as determined by the regional council. The regional council must designate a member to fill the role of the leading Elder or presiding officer under section D.1.1 d).
Speaker (Presiding Officer)
Reverend Paul Reed, Kirkfield
Steve Coles, Bowmanville
Marilyn Fortin, Belleville
Shannon Marsellus, Whitby
Ted Meyers, Uxbridge
Nancy Sutherland, Peterborough
Reverend Ryan McNally, Cannifton
Reverend Stevan Spicer, Wellington
Reverend D’thea Webster, Northbrook
Reverend Jean Wilson, Castleton/Grafton
Reverend Phil Wilson, Yarker
Executive Minister, Reverend Rosemary Lambie
Treasurer, Brian James
Recording Secretary, Joel Miller
All East Central Ontario Regional Council Staff
2019 ECORC Assembly of Elders Meeting Schedule
Assembly of Elders Meetings
- Wednesday, June 26, 2019 – Eastminster United Church, Belleville – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019 – Videoconference – 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 4 at Eastminster United, Belleville – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Interim Assembly of Elders Meetings
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 – Videoconference – 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019 – Cambridge Street United Church, Lindsay – 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, April 15, 2019 – Videoconference – 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 – St. Mark’s United Church, Cannifton – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, February 25, 2019 – St. Mark’s United Church, Cannifton – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 – Videoconference – 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.