- This event has passed.
Fall Regional Meeting
November 9, 2019
The regional council’s fall business meeting will be held on November 9 in Belleville. The meeting will be held at Eastminster United Church with food preparation from both Eastminster and St. Matthew’s. Thank you to both! There will be a $20 cost for the food and drink. Allergies and dietary restrictions will be taken into account.
THIS IS A SCENT-FREE EVENT.
There is limited parking at Eastminster but plenty within a block. If you are physically able to park down the block, please do and leave the church lot to those less able.
Alternate parking is available: We’re working on a map to make this clearer.
- Bay View Mall on Bridge Street is a block east, and across the street, of the church. The north end of the lot has lots of parking. Please avoid Home Hardware – to the far east.
- Bridge Street Automotive, 416 Bridge Street East, is across the street from the church at the NW corner of Bridge and Herchimer. Avoid the bay door area please.
- St. Joseph’s Catholic School’s parking lot is off Herchimer (south of Bridge St., past Circle K) on the west side.
- Dr. Shipley’s former office, 427 Bridge St. East, is directly across from Eastminster on Bridge St., and has a few spots.
Youth and young adults:
All youth (up to 18) and young adults (18-30) are asked to please join us at the fall meeting. We will sit together to connect for opening worship and lunch. We will participate in the table groups in pairs to share our views. We value your opinions and hope that you can join us for the day. Please contact Sharon Hull (shull-united-church.ca) if you have any questions! You can select youth or young adult on the registration form so we’ll know you’re coming.
Who should attend:
All are welcome at the business meeting but business activity is restricted to voting members. Voting members of the Regional Council are those lay individuals who have been elected as representatives by their community of faith, plus all ministry personnel. Everyone else is welcome to join in opening worship and attend the business meeting as observers. Observers will not have either a voice or a vote in the business parts of the meeting, which include the plenary and table sessions; times of decision-making.
This form will be open until October 23. All delegates can use the same registration, including youth and young adult delegates.REGISTRATION FORM
Cost and payment:
The cost of snacks and lunch is $20 per delegate. The registration form asks about any dietary restrictions or allergies. There are three ways to pay this fee.
- Send an e-transfer to regional council treasurer Brian James at email@example.com by the deadline of October 23. No question or answer or password is required — the money will be deposited authomatically.
- Bring $20 in cash to the site;
- Bring a cheque for $20, with the cheque made out to the United Church of Canada.
Simple receipts will be issued for this payment in case you are claiming the expense.
This will be a one-day business meeting with a chance for substantial communal worship. Here is the draft agenda to give you a sense of the timing of the day.
REGISTRATION WILL NOW OPEN AT 8:30
There will be wifi available onsite but please download the documents in advance of the meeting if possible. It will be less frustrating for you — shared bandwidth only goes so far in a crowded room.
Materials for the meeting
NEW: Budget actuals
- Appendix A_2019-ECORC-Inaugural-Meeting-Report-Book
- Appendix B_2019-05-ECORC-Governance-Handbook
- Appendix C_Table Group Comments
ECORC 2020 Budget (legal size page)