Job Opportunity – Communications and Administrative Assistant (part-time), East Central Ontario Regional Council
Job Number: 19-19
Opening/Closing Date: July 2, 2019 to July 10, 2019
East Central Ontario Regional Council (west of Bay of Quinte and North of Toronto) is seeking a Communications and Administrative Assistant on a part-time (17.5 hrs per week) term basis to December 31, 2020. The Communications and Administrative Assistant will expand community engagement and connections through the use of various social media platforms and publications, and includes internal and external communications. This position will also provide administrative support.
The major areas of focus are:
- Works with the Regional Executive Minister and Regional Council to develop and maintain a cohesive social media plan. This includes analysis of the effectiveness of social media platforms;
- Works closely with networks, task groups and Communities of Faith within Regional Council, to communicate and promote events, and shares news through social media;
- Maintains and updates website and social media platforms;
- Facilitates online conversations by actively monitoring Facebook comments and develops appropriate online communication tools;
- As the main contact person, receives information (via the website or other means) to include in regional communication;
- Maintains database of contacts pertinent to the ministries of the Regional Council;
- Facilitates online registration for Regional Council meetings, and other events as required;
- Communicates effectively with volunteers and Ministry Personnel;
- Produces administrative material for the Annual General Meeting (nametags, voting cards, registration packages).
- Post-secondary education together with 3-5 years of experience in a communications and administrative role;
- Proficiency with current social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc) together with working knowledge of web production and social analytics;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including proof-reading in English; similar skills in French considered as asset;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), internet, together with competence in using electronic conferencing equipment;
- Solid administrative, planning and organizational skills, priority setting together with effective time management and follow through skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential together with problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Flexibility to effectively deal with changing situations or priorities together with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- The ability to work independently as well collaboratively as part of the team;
- “Customer service” ethic and experience, together with a pro-active approach;
- Experience in a church or not-for-profit setting is desirable; knowledge of the United Church of Canada and its ministries would be an asset.
This position works from a home office. Attendance at occasional evening and weekend meetings may be required. All business tools will be supplied. This position will participate in staff meetings including team building (approximately every two months) for at least the first year.
Salary will be based on skills and experience, within the range of $20,000 – 26,000. This is a half-time (17.5 hours per week), term position to December 31, 2020. Ideally, the successful candidate would start August 1, 2019. Pension and group benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out the compensation package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to email@example.com.