Affirming Ministries in the East Central Ontario Regional Council of the United Church of Canada.
The Affirming Ministries Program of Affirm United (a justice-oriented organization of people in The United Church of Canada) is a network of United Church of Canada congregations and ministries that declare themselves to be fully inclusive of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. And it asks each Ministry to take action.
The program encourages all United Church bodies (congregations, presbyteries, conferences, educational centres, camps, chaplaincies) to study and discern what it means to be publicly welcoming and inclusive in their context.
The program provides support for sexual orientation and gender identity issues. It also encourages the study of other United Church resources that promote the inclusion of other marginalized groups.
The following Communities of Faith in the East Central Ontario Regional Council (ECORC) of the United Church of Canada have a Ministry that has declared itself Affirming:
- Atherley – Atherley United Church
- Bowmanville – St. Paul’s United Church
- Brighton – Trinity-St. Andrew’s United Church
- Cannifton – St. Mark’s United Church
- Cannington – Trinity United Church
- Castleton – Castleton United Church
- Claremont – Claremont United
- Cobourg – Trinity United Church
- Courtice – Faith United Church
- Dunsford – Dunsford United Church
- Grafton – St. Andrew’s United Church
- Greenbank – Greenbank United Church
- Kingston – Sydenham Street United Church
- Lindsay – Cambridge Street United Church
- Odessa – Emmanuel United Church
- Oshawa – Kingsview United Church
- Pickering – Dunbarton-Fairport United Church
- Peterborough – Emmanuel United Church
- Peterborough – St. James United Church
- Port Hope – Port Hope United Church
- Warkworth – St. Paul’s United Church
- Westwood – St. Andrew’s United Church
- Whitby – Westminster United Church