Uniting together in prayer for our church and community. Spend a half hour of your choice in prayer with others from area United Churches. Come alone or with others to pray in quiet. There will be a variety of mediums to assist you in your prayer.
- Church Leaders Acknowledge the Racism in Their Midst June 2, 2020The Moderator calls the struggle against anti-Black racism to be the work of White members of the church, and the time has come to commit themselves to this work.
- Fifth Anniversary: Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action June 2, 2020June 2 is the fifth anniversary of the 94 Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC). There is still much work to do, within the church and within Canadian society.
- Revised Statement on Medical Assistance in Dying June 1, 2020On May 25, 2020, the General Council Executive accepted updates to the church’s statement on Medical Assistance in Dying.
- Urging Canada to Help Uphold Human Rights in the West Bank May 27, 2020In a joint letter to the Minister for Foreign Affairs, the United Church joins with other leaders of Canadian churches, church organizations, and related networks in urging Canada to comply with international law by publicly opposing the government of Israel's plan to annex occupied Palestinian territory.
- Possible Postponement of General Council 44 May 26, 2020Commissioners of the 43rd General Council will meet on June 20, 2020 to consider moving General Council 44 from 2021 to 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Camps Find Ways to Build Community amid Physical Distancing May 13, 2020People who work or volunteer in outdoor ministries are sharing creative and positive ways to ensure that the overwhelming joy of camp will continue in some way despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Broadview’s First Birthday Congratulations May 12, 2020It’s Broadview's first anniversary, and the magazine is garnering praise and award nominations for its work.
- Marking Florence Nightingale’s Bicentenary in Worship May 8, 2020United Church people have been asking how we can honour the ministry of healthcare workers, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. Communities of faith may wish to use the newly created worship service On the Life and Faith of Florence Nightingale at any time during Florence Nightingale’s bicentenary in 2020.
- Reopening to the New Normal May 7, 2020Reopening Churches during COVID-19 is a new online section that includes guidelines and practices to consider when reopening churches to members and tenants.
- Political and Economic Sanctions Blocking Aid for Most Vulnerable May 7, 2020The United Church joined with Mennonite Central Committee Canada (MCC) and Nobel Women’s Initiative in a letter to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Francois-Philippe Champagne, urging the Canadian government to ensure that humanitarian assistance is not impeded by economic and political sanctions during this unprecedented health crisis.